All tax bill originate in the House. Charlie Rangel is the chairman of the committee in charge of drafting tax legislation. While writing the tax laws that govern you this clown has done a good job of avoiding the law for his personal finances.
1) Failure to report over $1 million in outside income and $3 million in business transactions as required by the House,
2) Failure to disclose at least $650,000 in assets he had previously failed to list on his House financial disclosure forms,
3) Failure to disclose to the IRS or on his financial disclosure forms $75,000 in rental income for a beach villa in the Dominican Republic,
4) Violation of state laws by claiming three primary residences and breaking New York City regulations by maintaining four rent-controlled apartments,
5) Violation of House rules by using congressional letterhead to solicit donations for an education center bearing his name at City College of New York, and
6) Delinquency in paying his property taxes on two New Jersey parcels and failure to report the sale of a $1.3 million brownstone.
This is a man who clearly believes that he's part of some special class - perhaps a class of one - that to which the laws of this country simply do not apply. All that, and all the arrogance you would ever need.